The EU general data protection regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
will take effect on May 25th, 2018.
This Regulation outlines rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data. It protects fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons and in particular their right to the protection of personal data.
Manuscript Manager together with its clients, stores, and processes personal information and we are therefore required to adhere to the relevant sections of the EU-GDPR.
Below is a description of our obligations under EU-GDPR.
- Appoint a data protection officer responsible for understanding the regulations and disseminating the relevant information regarding the regulations to staff or sub-contractors.
- Enter into a legally binding contract with our clients to ensure that our mutual responsibilities under EU-GDPR are fulfilled.
- Fulfill our obligations under article 28 of the regulations that are specifically directed at data processors and outline obligations to data security, confidentiality and transparency.
- Process personal data only on documented instructions from our clients, unless required to do so by Union or Member State law to which Manuscript Manager is subject.
- Assist our clients in fulfilling their obligations under articles 16 to 20, rights of users to manage and update personal data, rights to erasure and restrictions of processing. Also under articles 32 to 36 data security, reporting security breaches and data protection impact assessments.
- Adhere to codes of conduct for data processors under article 40 and establish data protection certification mechanisms as per article 42.
Kultorvet 11, 2. floor
1175 Copenhagen K
Manuscript Manager encourages customers and business partners to uphold high standards in academic and peer review practices. Thus, we refer to the standards of DOAJ, COPE and OASPA, when considering partnerships.